Cranberry and Brie Bread
Yield: 8-10 servings
Prep: 10 minutes | Cook: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
A beautiful party appetizer, this pull-apart cranberry and brie bread will be a favorite among your guest. The creamy Brie cheese, toasty walnuts and tart cranberries pair well with the high acidity of Sauvignon Blanc.
- 1 small round of sourdough (6 -7 inches)
- ½ cup walnuts - chopped
- 2 Tbsps maple syrup
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 8 -10 ounces Brie cheese
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat a small skillet over medium heat - add the walnuts, maple syrup, cayenne and a pinch of salt. Toss to coat all the walnuts and cook for 3-5 minutes until starting to brown. Remove from heat and place nuts on a plate to cool.
- Place bread on a parchment lined baking sheet. With a serrated knife, cut horizontally and vertically through the bread to create small, roughly 1 inch squares, be careful not to cut all the way through the loaf.
- Cut the brie into 1-2 inch slices about ¼-½” thick. Place the brie in between the cubes of the bread all around.
- Break walnuts into pieces if stuck together and place in and around the brie.
- Sprinkle the cranberries in and around the cubes of bread as well. Sprinkle with fresh thyme.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the brie is melted to your liking.
- Transfer to a serving board and serve immediately.
Take a look at our recommended pairing below.