Buffalo Chicken Dip
Yield: 8 servings
Prep: 20 minutes | Cook: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
This just might be the perfect appetizer. Whip it up for game-day as easily as a movie night snack. The savory and salty of the cheese and chips paired with Decoy Red Wine, pretty much guarantee guests will be asking for more.
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp hot sauce (such as Tabasco or Franks)
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar, gouda and/or gruyere)
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese (optional)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- Tortilla chips and/or celery sticks
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
1. In a stand mixing bowl. Add the cream cheese, mayonnaise, hot sauce, and garlic and whip until combined. Fold in the chicken, 3/4 cup of the cheese, 6 Tbsp of the blue cheese (if using) and the green onion. Transfer the mixture into a 1-1/2 quart baking dish and sprinkle the remaining cheese over top.
2. Bake the dip for about 20 minutes, until bubbling. Turn on the broiler and broil 6 inches from the heat until lightly browned on top, a few minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes.To Serve:
Garnish with green onions and serve warm with tortilla chips and/or celery sticks.
Take a look at our recommended pairing below.