Glazed Miso Chicken and Mushrooms
Yield: 3-4 servings as an Entreés
Marinate Time: 1 hour | Prep: 10 minutes | Cook: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hours and 30 minutes
Creator: Takes Two Eggs
Savor this Glazed Miso Chicken and Mushrooms with a glass of Pinot Noir by Decoy for a satisfying pairing. The rich rustic ﬂavors of the mushrooms compliment the aromas of the pinot noir while the deep savoriness of the miso glaze brings to life the bright berry notes in the wine.
- 4 chicken thighs, boneless skinless
- 7 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp ginger, minced
- ⅓ cup miso paste, red miso
- ⅓ cup mirin
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 4 oz shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and caps thinly sliced
- ½ tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 green onion, chopped
- Marinate the chicken. In a large mixing bowl, add minced garlic, minced ginger, miso paste, sugar, soy sauce, mirin and sesame oil. Mix thoroughly. Then add and thoroughly cover the chicken and marinate for 1 hour.
- Cook the chicken. Heat 2 tablespoons of cooking oil to a large skillet on medium high and distribute evenly. Cook the chicken on medium low heat for 3-4 minutes, reserve the marinade. Once the chicken is browned and opaque around the edges, ﬂip the chicken for an additional 3 minutes or until cooked. The internal temperature should be 165ºF (74ºC). Remove the chicken and set aside.
- Cook the mushrooms. Add 1 tablespoon of cooking oil to a large skillet and distribute evenly. Cook the mushrooms on medium high heat until softened and browned, about 3-4 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Make the sauce. In a clean skillet, add the remaining marinade and 1/4 cup of water. Mix to combine. Bring the sauce to a simmer over low heat stirring frequently until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Combine. Add the chicken and mushrooms back into the pan and spoon some sauce on top. Top with toasted sesame seeds and green onion and serve with rice. Enjoy!
- Serve. Serve the Glazed Miso Chicken and Mushrooms with sides like dark leafy greens, broccoli, and bok choy. Enjoy with Jasmine Rice!
Take a look at our recommended pairing below.
Pairing Recommendation - Pinot