Pesto Chicken Quinoa Bowl
Yield: 2-3 servings as an Entreés
Prep: 20 minutes | Cook: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Creator: Takes Two Eggs
You deserve this simple weeknight dish with a crisp glass of Rosé by Decoy. The rich pesto and Italian ﬂavors are complimented with a bit of Cajun heat and together that highlight the bright layers of this Rosé. This pairing is boldly balanced yet an approachable meal idea for any night.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 zucchini, cut into ½ inch thick half moons
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 cup white quinoa
- 1 ¾ cup water
- ½ cup basil pesto
- Fresh basil
- Cook the vegetables. Preheat your oven to 400º F. In a medium mixing bowl, toss the zucchini and tomatoes with dried Italian seasoning, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper. Transfer to a baking sheet into a single layer. Roast on the middle rack of your oven for about 20 minutes until the tomatoes start to burst and the zucchinis are golden brown.
- Cook the quinoa. While the vegetables are roasting, add the water and quinoa to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium high heat. Once it begins to boil, lower the heat, cover and simmer until the water is absorbed, about 12-15 min. Let it sit for 5 minutes before ﬂufﬁng the quinoa.
- Cook the chicken. In a mixing bowl, toss the chicken with olive oil, Cajun seasoning and minced garlic. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil on your skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken until lightly charred and cooked through, turning halfway through cooking, about 4 minutes on each side. Remove from heat, cover with foil and let the chicken rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Assemble. In a large mixing bowl, add the quinoa, roasted vegetables, and basil pesto. Gently fold together until combined. Portion out a single serving, add sliced chicken, and garnish with fresh basil. Enjoy!
Take a look at our recommended pairing below.