Spicy Parmesan Garlic Popcorn
Yield: 2-4 servings
Prep: 1 minutes | Cook: 4 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
Recipe Courtesy of: Becca at Fork in the Kitchen
An easy snack that’s a just the right balance of spicy, buttery, and salty! Make the perfect pairing with a glass of Decoy Merlot!
- 2 Tbsps vegetable oil
- 1 cup popcorn kernels
- 12 Tbsps butter
- 6 Tbsps grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tsps garlic powder
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- Salt, to taste
- In a large dutch oven or stock pot, heat oil over medium heat with 3 kernels added. When kernels pop, remove them and take the pot off of heat. Add remaining kernels to the pot, return to heat, and cover with the lid slightly ajar.
- As kernels begin to pop, “shake” the pot back-and-forth as needed to ensure all kernels are heated in oil. Pop for 1-2 minutes until popping slows. Remove from heat and take off lid.
- Melt butter in the microwave for 30 – 45 seconds, checking every 20 seconds to prevent butter from exploding. Transfer popped kernels into a new bowl (like a large serving bowl) and pour butter over while stirring to coat evenly.
- In a small bowl, mix together grated parmesan, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes. Sprinkle evenly over buttered popcorn and toss to coat. Add salt to taste. Enjoy with a glass of Decoy Merlot!
Be sure you use grated parmesan as it will coat the popcorn and easily melt in!
Take a look at our recommended pairing below.