* 6 Whole Wheat Bread, thick slices
* 3T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
* 3 Avocados- semi-firm with a touch of softness
* 1 Meyer Lemon, Juiced + Zest reserved
* Salt & Black Pepper
* Optional Garnish: Toasted Sesames and/or Poppy Seeds
Over medium high heat, add 1-2T of Olive Oil to a medium size sauté pan. Lightly Toast the Whole Wheat slices of bread (This will need to be done in 2 batches). Once the bread is toasted- transport to a screen or paper towels to cool. In a medium bowl, score the avocados, removing the pits so that they can be lightly mashed in the bowl using a wooden spoon. Season the avocado with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
To serve, lightly smear the avocado onto the toasted piece of bread, drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil. Cut into desired shapes- squares, rectangles or triangular pieces. Using a micro plain, garnish the toast with grated lemon zest top with optional toasted sesame and/or poppy seeds.