Yield: 4 servings
Prep: 10 minutes | Cook: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
This pasta dish is great if you are looking for a healthy, delicious and quick one-pot dinner. It’s flavorful, colorful and the hummus and pasta water make this creamy sauce that you almost think is cream. This is a great treat for vegetarians, however you’ll be pleasantly surprised that everyone will enjoy it.
- 12 oz whole wheat, rice or other pasta
- 1 cup hummus
- 1 small red pepper, cleaned, and thinly sliced
- 1 small bunch broccolini, chopped
- 1 cup kalamata olives, halved or quartered
- Zest and juice from 1 lemon
- ½ cup reserved pasta water
- Olive oil
- ½ cup toasted sliced almonds
- ¼ cup chives and parsley, chopped
- 1 cup feta cheese crumbled
- sprinkling of sumac for garnish (optional)
- Cook pasta according to the package directions. Be sure to reserve ½ cup pasta water when draining pasta.
- Sauté the red pepper in olive oil over medium heat for 3-5 minutes, then add the broccolini and salt. Cook a few more minutes, then set aside.
- Add hummus and red pepper mixture to drained pasta. Toss until well combined, add half of pasta water and stir.
- Add the lemon zest and juice, olives, almonds and herbs. Toss and adjust the sea-soning to your desired taste, adding more pasta water if needed to thin sauce.
- Serve and garnish with a sprinkling of feta, sumac and a drizzle of olive oil.
Take a look at our recommended pairing below.