Salmon Teriyaki Bowl
Yield: 2-3 servings as an Entreés
Prep: 10 minutes | Cook: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Creator: Takes Two Eggs
This sweet and savory Salmon Teriyaki Bowl is best enjoyed with a crisp glass of Sauvignon Blanc by Decoy. This aromatic and sweet teriyaki sauce gives depth to the easy-to-make air fryer salmon cubes. Alongside the Sauvignon Blanc, the bright flavor notes pair together for a crisp refreshing dinner for two.
IngredientsFor the Teriyaki Sauce:
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup mirin
- ¼ cup sake
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 lb Salmon, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- ¼ cup of fresh pineapple, cut into small bites
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 radish, thinly sliced
- 2 stalks Green onions, sliced
- Toasted Sesame seeds
- Make teriyaki sauce. Heat the same medium skillet on medium heat. Once the pan is hot, add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil and the ginger and garlic. Saute for 1 minute until lightly browned and fragrant. Then add the soy sauce, mirin, sake, and brown sugar. Bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Thicken the teriyaki sauce. In a small bowl, mix together 2 teaspoon cornstarch with 2 teaspoon of water until dissolved. Then add the cornstarch to the teriyaki sauce and mix for 30 seconds. Chill in the refrigerator until it reaches room temperature.
- Marinate the salmon. In a small mixing bowl, add the cubed salmon and toss with ⅓ of the teriyaki sauce. Cover and marinate for 15 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Airfry the salmon. Place the marinated salmon in the airfryer basket leaving space between each piece and brush a thin layer of the teriyaki sauce on top. Lightly spray your airfryer with cooking oil and air fry at 400°F for 5-6 minutes or until the internal temperature is 145°F.
- Assemble. Brush the remaining teriyaki sauce over the salmon and garnish with toasted sesame seeds and green onions. Serve in a bowl of warm rice with sliced avocado, cucumber, radish, and fresh pineapple.
Take a look at our recommended pairing below.