Turkey Burger with Green Olive Pesto
Yield: 4 servings
Prep: 15 minutes | Cook: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1.25 lbs ground turkey thigh meat
- 1 shallot, minced
- 4 brioche or potato buns
- 4 butter lettuce leaves
- Thinly sliced red onion and tomato
- 4 slices jack cheese - optional
- 1 cup green olives, pitted
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- ½ cup Marcona almonds (or any almond will do)
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup chives, chopped
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- ⅓-½ cup olive oil
- Place almonds in food processor and pulse 3-5 times until pea size pieces.
- Add all other ingredients plus a pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper and pulse 3-4 more times until incorporated and chunky. Taste and adjust as needed. Place in bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl place ground turkey and add 1 tsp salt and freshly ground pepper and minced shallot. Mix together, and make into 4 patties.
- Prepare grill pan, skillet or grill to medium high heat. When hot, add a bit of oil and grill burgers 5-7 minutes per side or until done.
- Toast buns. Prepare buns with desired condiment (mayo, mustard), lettuce, tomato and red onion, top with burger and a dollop of olive pesto.
Take a look at our recommended pairing below.