Pickled Cucumber Salad with Sugar Snap Peas
Yield: 6 servings
Prep: 15 minutes | Cook: 4 hours
Total Time: 4 hours and 15 minutes
A bright and refreshing sald, cucumber is a crowd-pleasing favorite. A healthy side dish or even a main course for lunch, this simple salad doesn't go overboard with ingredients allowing the veggies to shine. On a warm day, paired with Sauvignon Blanc, you'll be asking for seconds.
- 2 cups Water
- 2 cups White Vinegar
- 1 cup Sugar
- ½ cup Salt
- 4 English Cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 Red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lb sugar snap peas, cleaned and sliced in half lengthwise
- 2 tbsp Black or white Sesame seeds
- In a medium size pot bring water and vinegar to a boil. Whisk sugar and salt until dissolved and remove from heat Clean Snap Peas and slice in half lengthwise revealing pods.
- Peel onion and slice as thinly as possible. Peel English cucumber and slice as thinly as possible. Toss onions, cucumber and snap peas together in a heat safe bowl pour warm liquid over them.
- Allow them to sit for at least 4 hours in refrigerator or overnight with Saran Wrap covering the surface area.
When ready to serve, remove from liquid and garnish with toasted sesame seeds.
Take a look at our recommended pairing below.
Pairing Recommendation - SB