German Pancake with Mixed Berries and Ricotta
Yield: 6 servings
Prep: 10 minutes | Cook: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
A brunch favorite, this german pancake with mixed berries and ricotta will be a hit especially paired with a bottle of Decoy Rosé.
- 2/3 cup flour
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tbsp sugar
- pinch of salt
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup strawberries - stemmed and sliced
- ½ cup raspberries
- ½ cup blueberries
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- ⅓ cup sliced almonds - toasted
- powdered sugar for garnish
Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Prepare 10-12 inch cast iron skillet by rubbing with butter, place in hot oven to heat pan and melt butter, just until butter is melted and pan is hot.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, milk, eggs, vanilla, sugar and salt.
- Remove hot skillet and swirl butter - add batter and return to oven and bake for 15-20 minutes until pancake has set, sides are puffed nicely browned.
- While pancake is cooking prepare berries and almonds.
- In a small bowl mix ricotta cheese with honey and lemon zest.
- Remove pancake from oven and top with berries, almonds and a light dusting of powdered sugar.
Serve immediately with lemon ricotta.
SEE OTHER BRUNCH RECIPES