Yield: 4-6 servings
Prep: 5 minutes | Cook: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Refreshing and flavorful, this citrus salad with blood orange, caracara orange, tangelo, tangerine and a hint of mint is a breakfast staple. Pair it with a bottle of Decoy Sauvignon Blanc for the ultimate experience.
- 3 mixed citrus - blood orange, caracara orange, tangelo, tangerine or other citrus - peeled and sectioned. Zest and save juice for dressing.
- ½ fennel bulb - thinly sliced or shaved on mandoline
- ½ watermelon radish - thinly sliced or shaved on mandolin
- ¼ cup mint leaves
- 2 tbps fennel fronds
- 2 cups arugula or other greens
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed citrus juice
- 1 tsp citrus zest
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp honey
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- In a medium bowl toss citrus, fennel, radish, mint, fennel fronds and arugula with half of the dressing.
- Arrange on serving platter and drizzle with more dressing if necessary.
- Garnish with fresh mint leaves, fennel fronds, maldon salt and freshly ground pepper.
Mix all dressing ingredients in a small bowl except olive oil. Slowly whisk in olive oil, add salt and pepper - taste and adjust if necessary.
SEE OTHER BRUNCH RECIPES
Pairing Recommendation - SB